tomorrow is may and so far this years been one of misfortunes.. not to be pessimistic but thinking over this year the things that jump out to me are my friend dying, my boyfriend moving overseas, a huge workload, a car crash and another unlucky car incident that happened yesterday.. i was driving to work and something fell off a truck coming the other way and it smashed into the drivers side of my car. it was possibly the scariest thing thats ever happened to me and it's going to cost about double what my cars worth to get all the damage fixed and to top the story off the guys in the truck drove off so i'm left to pay for it. sigh. savings for a new car start.. now. 2008 was the best year of my life. 2009 might just not be one for me.
but on a positive note, i love this editorial by Carl Bengtsson. it's beautiful.
when you laugh you'll feel my breath there, filling up your lungs. and when you cry, those arent your tears, but im there falling down your cheek and when you say you love him, taste me, im like poison on your tongue but when your tired, if your quiet, you'll hear me singing you to sleep.
i REALLY shouldn't be blogging right now. i started back at school today, but it's 4th period and i'm already back at home. i worked full time over holidays so my only rest was my four day trip to hamilton, which was so lovely. i have three research assignments to do as well as make the wedding dress and my ball dress. i have a ball date though, as of today, so i'm a bit more excited than i was- the thought of adding making my dress to my already huge work load didn't impress me! but anyway, this girl- hannah glasby, seems to be EVERYWHERE lately. she's only 17 as well! four days younger than me, turns out. anyway, here's her and avril alexander. photos from here.
You thought you couldn't live without him. On that very first day the weeks and months stretched ahead of you to infinity. They wrapped around the world, then circled the moon and drifted onwards to the very end of the universe. You followed this empty time as it skipped lazily across the sky. It forced you to look up at the stars until you lost yourself in their beauty. Suddenly, much to your surprise, time stood still as the sun rose and your broken heart was filled with light. words from here.
1. What is your current obsession? ripped shorts and lace stockings.
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? to be able to fly.
3. What do you see outside your window? a trampoline, washing line, and a whole lot of trees
4. What's your favourite colour? does black count?
5. Your favourite weather? cold but sunny. like those mornings when the air is really crisp and fresh, and it's cold, but the sun is warm.
6. Which animal would you be? a deer. haha.. i'd be bambi.
7. What's for dinner? i don't know. whatever mummy makes
8. If you could learn another language, which one would you choose? french.
9. What's on your bedside table? a lot.. my radio, some cds, jewelery, jane eyer, fashion quarterly, bobby pins, make up. oh AND my vintage singer sewing machine..my bedside table is my chest of drawers.
10. What's your favourite children's book? where the wild things are. CAN'T WAIT for the film
11. What's your favourite thing to do in the summer? swim. it's tied somewhere between the beach and waterholes.
12. What would you like to have in your hands right now? the new frankie..c'mon nz!
13. What's your favourite tea flavour? green tea with peach, green tea with rasberry, green tea with plum, green tea with lemon, green tea with.. get it?
14. If you could go anywhere in the world for an hour, where would you go? an hour! ah. uhhh. i don't know. somewhere i haven't been. italy..but i want to go their for longer than an hour! lets say paris again.
15. What did you want to be as a child? interior decorator
16. What's your favourite smell? vanilla bodymist from the body shop. hands down. favourite smell ever.