this is a positive post about all things happy because it's a new day and the sun has been shining and because psalm 30:5 promises joy in the morning :)
today i slept until 12(much needed) and then spent the afternoon with my longest and dearest friend who i have seen a disappointingly lack of lately. we had a picnic under a huge oak tree and it was so great to catch up with him.
things that make me happy:
- wild flowers! especially daisys. wearing them in my hair.
- pretty photographs. photos hold a lot of power and i love that they can stop time and hold memories, and the beauty that can be captured in a single frame blows me away.
- new stationary, which i got yesterday!
- and pretty new lingerie, which i also got yesterday!
- sunny days. this should be at the top of the list..summer days when the sun is shining and i can spend my time outside puts me in such a good mood it's almost magical.
- pretty summer dresses
- green tea and dark chocolate
- finding good music. and by good i mean the kind that has lyrics that are utterly genius, and a sound that blows your mind into little pieces with every note. like mewithoutYou..they make me happy.
- so does Bradley Hathaway.
- painting my nails!
- my friends. wow. if i didn't have my girls(and boys) i don't think happiness would even exist in my life.
- op shop bargains! like i also got yesterday :)
- when people ask me if i'm wearing fake eyelashes.
- making lists..life wouldn't work without them.
photos by Derek Henderson, spread from RUSSH.